Use this guide to learn more about using Ebook Central. (ebrary is now Ebook Central.)
image: Stuart Miles / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Ebook Central Overview - Academic Complete
So what's so great about Ebook Central?
- 120,000+ and growing - scholarly titles
- 1000s of Resources for College Libraries titles
- 600+ titles on the CHOICE Outstanding Academic Title list
- 100s more award-winning academic titles
- The only e-book subscription collection awarded Outstanding Academic Title by CHOICE
- 500+ contributing imprints
- 70+ university presses
- 100s more scholarly publishers
Ease of Access
- available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from any computer with internet access
- books can be read easily online, Just click "Read Online" button to open book
- book chapters can be downloaded easily as PDFs, and include citation for the book
- set up a free Ebook Central account to enable some of the extra features, below:
- full-length books can be downloaded for a short-term check out period using Adobe Digital Editions software
- Books can shelved on a digital "Personal Bookshelf"
- Personal Bookshelf books can be highlighted, bookmarked and annotated to suit your individualized needs
Ebook Central - as easy as 1-2-3
Need quick instructions on using Ebook Central right away? Follow the three steps in this guide to get started quickly:
After doing a search in Ebook Central, click on the title link of an Ebook Central e-book from your search results:
After clicking on the title link, you will see a screen similar to the one below. Click the "Read Online" button to open and read the book:
Once the e-book is open, you can use the arrow symbol to page through the book, or use any of the other options offered in the menu at the top of the page, such as chapter download. or print to PDF ( print a range of pages).
You can also search for words within the whole text of the book, by using the search box in the column to the left side of the e-book.
Short YouTube videos to learn more about features of Ebook Central